Welcome to the return of “10 Things….”. I’ve had a lot of time to think about my mistakes, and I’ve decided that these posts will continue to contain the rampant homer-ism that they featured prior to the ECU debacle. With that in mind, and the agonizing lay-off over, consider the following points.
- We will run the ball. Over. And Over. And Over. And, you get it….
- We will NOT play like the “little fellas” coach Stew suggests. We will play like big fellas, huge fellas and tough fellas.
- Jarrett Brown will see some snaps in the backfield where we desperately need his size and strength.
- Reed Williams finally takes the field.
- We distract the Colorado defense with the two things they have no power over: Yonder Mountain String Band CDs and high-grade marijuana.
- Noel Devine finally finds the end zone.
- John Denver and his affinity for both states is mentioned repeatedly. “Country Roads” and “Rocky Mountain High” are played. Thankfully “Sunshine on My Shoulders” is not.
- The defense holds Colorado to under 400 yards passing. Barely.
- McAffee goes looking for their chick kicker, but can’t find her. Weeps openly.
- The traveling contingent of Mountie fans show the Buffs what partying is really about.
WVU: 31 Colorado: 27